Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up for an account?
- Can anyone in my household use my Online Shop account?
- How do I see my account information?
- How do I place an order?
- The item I want is Out of Stock, but I can still add it to my cart. Why?
- When can I pick up my order?
- What if I’m running late to pick up my order?
- Where do I pick up my order?
- Does our Co-op deliver?
- Is there a service fee for shopping online?
- Are the prices in the Online Shop the same as prices in the store?
- How do you charge for items that are sold by weight?
- Are the same products on sale in the store and the Online Shop?
- I used to LOVE eating lunch or dinner at our Co-op every day! Is the Kitchen still making delicious prepared foods?
- Can I order hot items or roasted chicken from the kitchen?
- What if I get the wrong item in my order?
- What happens if something I ordered is out of stock?
- Will you automatically substitute different items for items that are out of stock?
- What if I want a product that’s not listed in the Online Shop?
- How does payment work?
- Can I cancel my order?
- Does the Member benefit of getting a discount for spending more than $500 apply?
- Can I return items?
- I want the freshest best-looking organic produce! Can I get that online?
- I have privacy concerns; how will you handle my data?
- I don’t live in the area. Can I get my order shipped?
- I want to buy more local food to support our economy. How can I?
- I can’t find an answer to my question online. How do I contact the Online Shop Support team?
1. How do I sign up for an account?
It’s simple! Head here and fill in the form. We will review your account within one business day to make sure your member name and number match. If everything looks good we will send you an email confirmation email to let you know we have approved your account. If something is awry, we will email or call to clarify. We aim to get you shopping online as soon as possible!
2. Can anyone in my household use my Online Shop account?
Yes, but the actual name on your Online Shop account must be the same name as that of the primary member and the member number must match. Once you create your account, you are welcome to share your login information with anyone else associated with your member account. Our standard Co-op membership rules apply - only family members who live in the same household may shop with the same member number.
3. How do I see my account information?
Click on the profile icon in the top right corner of your screen to review or update your account details, or to log out.
4. How do I place an order?
Find your favourite groceries by navigating the departments or collections, use filters on the left side of the page to hone your search, or use the search function to look for a specific product (the magnifying glass in the top right). Click the “Add to Cart” button below any item or click on the item to view more information.
When you’re ready to check out, click on the shopping bag in the top right of the page. You can adjust item quantities or delete items directly from your cart. Follow these simple steps to complete your order:
- Enter any notes or delivery pickup info in the grey font comments box.
- Choose your pick up date and time
- Click "Check Out"
- Enter your Billing address
- Click "Continue to Payment"
- Enter your credit card information
- Click "Pay Now"
5. The item I want is Out of Stock, but I can still add it to my cart. Why?
You can add "Out of Stock" items to your cart because we may receive more by the time we shop your order. If the item is indeed out of stock, you will receive an email asking you to contact us if you'd like a substitution. You will only be charged for items you receive.
6. When can I pick up my order?
We aim to have your order ready for you in one to two business days, depending on when you order and what pickup time you choose at checkout. The table below outlines the earliest available pickup days based on when you place your order:
Order by this time...
Pick up on this day...
After 3 pm Friday, anytime Saturday, Before 3 pm Sunday
Monday, 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
After 3 pm Sunday, before 3 pm Monday
Tuesday, 10:30 am - 6:15 pm
After 3 pm Monday, anytime Tuesday, before 3 pm Wednesday
Thursday, 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
After 3 pm Wednesday, before 3 pm Thursday
Friday, 10:30 am - 6:15 pm
After 3 pm Thursday, before 3 pm Friday
Saturday, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
7. Where do I pick up my order?
You can pick up your order from 407 Hall Street around the corner from our Co-op (look for the “grocery pickup" sign), between Baker and Vernon Streets and across from the Adventure Hotel parking lot (see the RED pin below). Park in the alley between Nelson Commons and Vince DeVito shoes or in a Hall St. parking spot and let us know you have arrived. If you need to remain in your vehicle, please call us at 250-354-4077 x 4 and one of our team members will bring your order out and place it in your vehicle.
8. What if I’m running late to pick up my order?
No problem! Get in touch with our Online Shop Team at 250-354-4077 x 4 and we’ll be happy to figure it out with you.
9. Does our Co-op deliver?
Our Co-op now offers bike delivery within city limits for a $10 fee.
There are two other community delivery options available to seniors, these need to be organized by customers *before* selecting a pick up date and time when you check out. They will let you know what information they need to pick up your order. When the delivery service comes to pick up your order for you, they will need to provide us with your full name and order number. It’s that easy!
To see a list of all delivery options available as well as details and information on each option please view our delivery page here.
10. Is there service fee for shopping online?
No - there is no service fee.
11. Are the prices in the Online Shop the same as prices in the store?
Yes! We update pricing on the Online Shop up to three times daily to make sure our online prices match in-store prices. The only exception is when certain brands of health and wellness products go on sale below a certain price, we're legally not allowed to publish the lower price online. If you notice a product is on sale in our flyer and not on our Online Shop, please feel free to get in touch and we'll honour the sales price for you.
12. How do you charge for items that are sold by weight?
Many items in the store are sold by weight, like produce, meats, fish, and cheese. For these products online, we charge a price based on a high-average weight of that item. After we shop for you, we’ll adjust the price based on the difference in weight so that you will be charged only for the actual weight of the items you receive. If for some reason, we are unable to find an item that weighs less than what you authorized on your credit card, we will call or email you to see if you’d like a larger item at a higher price.
13. Are the same products on sale in the store and the Online Shop?
Yes! Everything on sale in our Co-op is also on sale in our Online Shop! Please see our “Terms of Service” for more information. See also question #11 for details on certain brands of health and wellness products.
14. I used to LOVE eating lunch or dinner at our Co-op every day! Is the Kitchen still making delicious prepared foods?
Yes! We still make lots of food to go! Salads, sandwiches, dips, desserts, pastries, and frozen versions of your favourite hot bar dishes, soups and flatbread pizzas to heat and enjoy at home. We also bake Terra breads (made in Vancouver) every day, as well as focaccia.
15. Can I order hot items or roasted chicken from the kitchen?
During COVID we do not have a hot bar and unfortunately we cannot offer roasted chickens online either.
16. What if I get the wrong item in my order?
If we make a mistake, let us know and we’ll make it right by issuing a refund or providing you with a replacement item to pick up the next time you can. We do the best we can to accurately shop on your behalf and double check orders before we finalize them for pick up. We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding and for being a part of our pilot online shopping program.
17. What happens if something I ordered is out of stock?
We will only charge you for items you receive. If an item is out of stock when we shop for you, we will remove it from your bill before charging your credit card. When you pick up your groceries, we will provide you with an itemized list of your order. We will highlight any items that are out of stock.
18. Will you automatically substitute different items for items that are out of stock?
At this time we cannot provide substitutions. We realize this might be frustrating. Our top priority is making online shopping available for people in need during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are working on adding substitution technology to the site as soon as possible.
19. What if I want a product that’s not listed in the Online Shop?
We have done our best to include our most popular products in the first version of our Online Shop. We have carefully selected more than 2,000 products that make up nearly 80% of our sales. We will continually add new products. If you want something specific, click here to make a product suggestion or include a comment in the “order notes” box in your cart, before you check out. If you need the product right away, you need to shop in-store or ask someone to pick it up for you.
20. How does payment work?
Enter your credit card information at checkout and we’ll charge you for the actual items we pick for you. If something is out of stock, we won’t charge you for it. All credit card transactions are secure and we do not save your credit card information. Please see our “terms of service” for more information.
21. Can I cancel my order?
All orders are final and cannot be adjusted nor cancelled.
22. Does the Member benefit of getting a discount for spending more than $500 apply?
Yes! We offer the 10% discount for online grocery orders over $500.
23. Can I return items?
Our Online Shop does not accept returns or exchanges if you ordered the wrong item or simply no longer want or like the item. If we send you the wrong product, a faulty product, or something that is not fresh, we will provide a refund. If you would like a refund for a product that meets these criteria, please take a picture of the product and email it to email@example.com. Please do not bring the product back to the store. For our in-store policy, please see your receipt or click here.
24. I want the freshest best-looking organic produce! Can I get that online?
Yes! Our Online Shop team takes pride in their work and will always choose the freshest looking organic produce for your order.
25. I have privacy concerns; how will you handle my data?
26. I don’t live in the area. Can I get my order shipped?
At this time we only offer pick up or delivery within city limits. We cannot ship your order.
27. I want to buy more local food to support our economy. How can I?
There are a number of ways to see only True Local products in the Online Shop. You can click here; you can choose the True Local category in the drop-down "All Departments" menu; or you can use the "True Local" filter in your chosen department or collection.
28. I can’t find an answer to my question online. How do I contact the Online Shop Support team?
Email us at onlineshop(at)kootenay.coop or give us a call at 250-354-4077 x 4.
Thank you for using our Co-op Online Shop & supporting local!