For more information on the shipping delays and the effects on our Co-op, please click here
- How do I sign up for an account?
- Can anyone in my household use my Online Shop account?
- When can I pick up my order?
- Where do I pick up my order?
- What if I’m running late to pick up my order?
- Does our Co-op deliver?
- I don’t live in the area. Can I get my order shipped?
- Are the prices in the Online Shop the same as prices in the store?
- Are the same products on sale in the store and the Online Shop?
- What if I want a product that’s not listed in the Online Shop?
- What happens if something I ordered is out of stock?
- The item I want is Out of Stock, but I can still add it to my cart. Why?
- Will you automatically substitute different items for items that are out of stock?
- How do you charge for items that are sold by weight?
- I want the freshest best-looking organic produce! Can I get that online?
- Does the Member benefit of getting a discount for spending more than $500 apply?
- How does payment work?
- What if I get the wrong item in my order?
- Can I return items?
- I have privacy concerns; how will you handle my data?
- I want to buy more local food to support our economy. How can I?
- I can’t find an answer to my question online. How do I contact the Online Shop Support team?
1. How do I sign up for an account?
It’s simple! Head here and fill in the form. We will review your account within one business day to make sure your member name and number match. If everything looks good we will send you an email confirmation email to let you know we have approved your account. If something is awry, we will email or call to clarify. We aim to get you shopping online as soon as possible.
2. Can anyone in my household use my Online Shop account?
Yes, but the actual name on your Online Shop account must be the same name as that of the primary member and the member number must match. Once you create your account, you are welcome to share your login information with anyone else associated with your member account. Our standard Co-op membership rules apply - only family members who live in the same household may shop with the same member number.
3. When can I pick up my order?
We aim to have your order ready for you in one to two business days, depending on when you order and what pickup time you choose at checkout. The table below outlines the earliest available pickup days based on when you place your order:
Order by this time...
Pick up on this day...
|After 5 pm Friday, Before 5 pm Saturday||Sunday 10:00 am - 7:00 PM|
After 5 pm Saturday, Before 5 pm Sunday
Monday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
After 5 pm Sunday, before 5 pm Monday
Tuesday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
After 5 pm Monday, before 5pm Tuesday
Wednesday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
After 5 pm Tuesday, before 5 pm Wednesday
Thursday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
After 5 pm Wednesday, before 5 pm Thursday
Friday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
After 5 pm Thursday, before 5 pm Friday
Saturday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
4. Where do I pick up my order?
You can pick up your order inside the Kootenay Co-op at our Member Services Desk. Park in the co-op parking lot and let us know you have arrived. If you need to remain in your vehicle, please call us at 250-354-4077 x 0 and one of our team members will bring your order out and place it in your vehicle.
5. What if I’m running late to pick up my order?
No problem! Get in touch with our Online Shop Team at 250-354-4077 x 4 and we’ll be happy to figure it out with you.
6. Does our Co-op deliver?
The Kootenay Co-op Online Shop has partnered with Kootenay Carshare to provide delivery within Nelson (reach out to us if you live further and need delivery). Please see our delivery page for details.
7. I don’t live in the area. Can I get my order shipped?
At this time we only offer pickup or delivery within city limits. We cannot ship your order.
8. Are the prices in the Online Shop the same as prices in the store?
Yes! We update pricing on the Online Shop daily to make sure our online prices match in-store prices.
9. Are the same products on sale in the store and the Online Shop?
Yes! Everything on sale in our Co-op is also on sale in our Online Shop! Please see our “Terms of Service” for more information. If you notice a product is on sale in our flyer and not on our Online Shop, please feel free to get in touch and we'll honour the sales price for you.
10. What if I want a product that’s not listed in the Online Shop?
We have done our best to include our most popular products in the first version of our Online Shop. We have carefully selected more than 5,000 products and continually add new products. If you want something specific, click here to make a product suggestion or include a comment in the “order notes” box in your cart, before you check out. If you need the product right away, you need to shop in-store or ask someone to pick it up for you.
11. What happens if something I ordered is out of stock?
We will only charge you for items you receive. If an item is out of stock when we shop for you, we will remove it from your bill before charging your credit card and contact you through your preferred contact method to let you know. When you pick up your groceries, we will provide you with an itemized list of your order.
12. The item I want is Out of Stock, but I can still add it to my cart. Why?
You can add "Out of Stock" items to your cart because we may receive more by the time we shop your order. If the item is indeed out of stock, you will receive an email asking you to contact us if you'd like a substitution. You will only be charged for items you receive.
13. Will you automatically substitute different items for items that are out of stock?
We will always contact you before making substitutions. You can also indicate whether you would like a substitution when you are adding items in your cart. Learn more here
14. How do you charge for items that are sold by weight?
Many items in the store are sold by weight, like produce, meats, fish, and cheese. For these products online, we charge a price based on a high-average weight of that item. After we shop for you, we’ll adjust the price based on the difference in weight so that you will be charged only for the actual weight of the items you receive. If for some reason, we are unable to find an item that weighs less than what you authorized on your credit card, we will call or email you to see if you’d like a larger item at a higher price.
15. I want the freshest best-looking organic produce! Can I get that online?
Yes! Our Online Shop team takes pride in their work and will always choose the freshest looking organic produce for your order.
16. Does the Member benefit of getting a discount for spending more than $500 apply?
Yes! We offer the 10% discount for online grocery orders over $500.
Please note that the discount will not be labeled in your shopping cart (though the discounted total will appear). You will, however, see the $500 SHOP discount at the following checkout page (after selecting your pickup time). If you are trying to reach the $500 discount threshold, please double check this before checking out. Our system does not have a way to provide a discount after you have checked out.
Please contact our department via phone or email for clarification before placing your order if you are unsure.
The over-$500 discount is suspended during our biannual Case Lot sale.
17. How does payment work?
Enter your credit card information at checkout and we’ll charge you for the actual items we pick for you. If something is out of stock, we won’t charge you for it. All credit card transactions are secure, and we do not save your credit card information. Please see our “terms of service” for more information.
18. What if I get the wrong item in my order?
If we make a mistake, let us know and we’ll make it right by issuing a refund or providing you with a replacement item to pick up the next time you can. We do the best we can to accurately shop on your behalf and double check orders before we finalize them for pick up. We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding and for being a part of our pilot online shopping program.
19. Can I return items?
Please see our refund policy here. If you would like a refund for a product that meets these criteria, please take a picture of the product and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. I have privacy concerns; how will you handle my data?
21. I want to buy more local food to support our economy. How can I?
There are a number of ways to see only True Local products in the Online Shop. You can choose the True Local category in the drop-down "All Departments" menu; you can use the "True Local" filter in your chosen department or collection; or you can click here to take you directly to our True Local Collection.
22. I can’t find an answer to my question online. How do I contact the Online Shop Support team?
Email us at onlineshop(at)kootenay.coop or give us a call at 250-354-4077 x 4.
Thank you for using our Co-op Online Shop & supporting local!